Followers

Total Pageviews

Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

"DANCING TREE" Story by Carol L. Fraser, B.Ed.

TREE OF INSPIRATION

“Dancing Tree”

Carol L. Fraser, B.Ed./Photographer/Artist


On July 1st, 2007 I enthusiastically hopped in my, cricket green VW Bug and set out to visit a friend near

Vernon, B.C. This particular visit was unusually special, since my friend was living with an acclaimed, Blackfoot Shaman

(since passed over). The purpose of my visit was to seek his expert advice about an issue I was struggling with. I sought to sweat with him in his lodge and learn more about his power to communicate with Spirit.

At the onset of our visit we discussed my latest exploits and curiousty about Orbs, small energy spheres, a phenomena new to me which I had been capturing in photos on my family farm in Alberta. As it turned out the topic was of great interest to my friends as well. We shared stories and signtings. They told me about a power spot near Browning, Montana called “THE HOUSE OF MYSTERY” where a vortex had been discovered and exploited for years. My friends had been asked to visit this site specifically to remove some negative energy haunting the entrance. The entities were literally blocking the site to prevent tourists/visitors from entering. The owner of the land/business was in dire straights facing bankrupcy if something wasn’t done immediatly. So my friend did his Shamanic thing and cleared the entrance.


I told them about my farm near Edmonton and how I’d been able to take photos of orbs which inspired my friends exponentially. They suggested we go into the sweat lodge to see if I could capture any orbs that might be hovering around and within. At first I was very reluctant, hesitating to desecrate a very sacred space. Fearing that I might be perceived as disrespectful I consulted the Shaman, asking his permission to take pictures who felt it would be fine as long as I did not exploit subsequent images. I graciously agreed and his sanction, we waited until it was pitch dark and set off to their back yard to take photos.


It was the blackest of nights at her country home near Vernon, British Columbia. Fortunately, there were no incandescent lights to shed false shadows. As we walked toward the sweat lodge, located in the far corner of the yard. I could see absolutely nothing in front of me. I walked blindly, not even able to see my hand in front of my face. Cautiously, but with a playfull gate, I started snapping pictures of my inky surroundings using my cheap point and shoot camera, flashing away with absolutely no idea what I

might capture. Once inside the Sweat Lodge I took several pictures of my friends and the open space of the entire interior. I realized after that these photos would be rare as taking pictures inside sweat lodges is not a common occurence, sanctioned by few medicine people.


Once I arrived back home I put the pictures onto my PC to see if I had in fact captured any orbs. In one of the photos, much to my surprise I could see two ethereal (misty) faces, two males appearing just over the left shoulder of my Shaman friend. One was a young man with a bandana covering his mouth and nose. The other was an older man with bushy eye brows, unshaven face and scraggyly hair.

After enhancing the photo with photo shop I recognized the two men. The younger man was my late brother recognized by his almond shaped eyes and the older gentleman closely resembled my late father, albeit a little scruffy. Clearly they had made themselves apparent in order to assure me of my new found gift, the ability to communicate in the Etheric Realm of consciousness. Both my younger brother and father passed away within 18 months of each other in 1984-1985, respectively.



Despite my effort to capture these playful entities, I didn't manage to take one picture of them. Other pictures I took that same night, in and outside the lodge, were pretty much the usual va ca photos except for one very SPECIAL TREE that clearly resembled a little ballerina dancer. I posted the pictures on Face Book in an album called ‘My Va Ca to Vernon’ and received two very interesting comments about the dancing tree photo. My sister in law commented that the photo looked like a dancer and her son decided it looked like a figure skater. I was flattered that they liked it and thought nothing more about it until one day I happened to be googling images. Much to my dismay and distress, I saw my little Japanese Elm tree photo all over the internet, all over the globe!

I determined someone had pirated it from my facebook album had dubbed it the “Dancing Tree”. Others called it “Ballerina Tree” or “Skating Tree”. I was furious at first! I started sending e-mails to each site explaining the photo was mine and that they should at least give credit where credit was due. Most replied, thanking me for the information and agreed to post my name as the photographer. Others either didn’t bother to reply or preferred to claim it as their own. Some were afraid of copy write laws and repercussion, others didn’t care. I remained angry for about six months, feeling royally ripped off. Gradually my friends and family calmed me down and

helped me realize that the popularity of this little tree photo proved what they’d been trying to tell me all along; that I have the gifted ‘Eye’ of a professional photographer. It took some time for me to accept this analysis of my creative nature, to admit that I am an ARTIST. As I clicked my way around the globe, visiting different sites that had been inspired to use the ‘Dancing Tree’ photo I started to develop a sense of gratitude, replacing my anquish and feelings of frustration. Thankful that my little contribution could make such a huge difference in the lives of so many. My photo not only served as a symbol of hope and childlike wonder for a wide variety of people, it also developed it’s own momentum, a spirit of its own, spreading it’s white light in the darkest recesses of the mind.

I’d never had much self esteem before the Dancing Tree was captured. I was always reluctant to believe or call myself an ARTIST. It was beyond my comprehension that I just may have an artistic gift. After witnessing the effect my little photo

was having on people, I could no longer deny the fact that I did have something to offer the world, a purpose, a holistic path to follow.


Today I accept that ‘my way of seeing’ the natural world is unusual. With a lot of genuine support and encouragement, acceptance and copious amounts of compliments have helped me find my way and to realize my way of viewing the world can enhance a sense of well being in others.


I take little credit for taking the photo of ‘Dancing Tree’ as I sincerely believe it was divine providence that literally took me by the hand on that ink dark evening. Something truly magikal led me to the tree and provided me with the opportunity to document the true essence and beauty of her.


It was a gift that I graciously accept, knowing full well how much people of our Mother ‘Earth’ are crying out to be reconnected, to nature-to remember how to communicate with natures spirits. More specifically I was a conduit, meant to and shine this bright and beautiful light, without any false sense of ownership, on the starving eyes of the masses.


I finally stopped sending demanding e-mails for recognition, put my ego aside and bowed down to the task of seeking out equally inspiring images. Adoption of this new attitude brought accolades from scores of artisans, insightful's, light workers, poets and a host of others. They expressed their profound gratitude.They shared their stories with me; why they wanted to paint her, make mosaics, write poems, use her to embellish their websites, wall paper their offices, put her image on the cover of their books and so on.


Of course not all the attention was positive. Once in a while someone suggests it is a fake photo having been photo shopped....to which I politely respond that "The photo was never touch up."

The simple little tree was truly that beautiful. I even received an e-mail demanding that I stop claiming it as my photo, that someone else had taken it in 2003! I tried to find out who this person was so I could address the issue, but was never able to do so.


After much ‘to do’ about the photo I decided to buy a decent camera (Nikon D 90) as a gift to myself in 2010. My goal was to go back and take a more convincing picture with far better resolution. It really disturbed me to think anyone couldn’t or wouldn’t appreciate her. I also planned to copy write the new photo. However, as fate would have it, I wasn’t able to go to Vernon, the home of the beautiful tree, at least not right away. Instead I stood by while my beautiful custom built, country home burned to the ground. I felt raped, literally.


Gradually, over time feelings of violation subsided as awareness developed. Fire is meant to cleanse and renew. The powerful energy of fire destroys everything in its path with a brilliant, forceful blaze. February 28, 2010 our family lost everything! It was like someone in the family had died. The devastation is hardly describable. Yet deep in my heart I sensed that I had come full circle and understood the meaning of “Out of a fire the Phoenix arose”. I vowed to have this image tattooed on my entire back so that I would never forget. Our road to recovery and clarity opened up. As we healed I began to identify what is really important in our lifes journey. Things like my precious stone collection, photos or gifts from special friends. I became determined to replace these things if I could. One othe photos I missed the most was the one of Dancing Tree. I resolved to return to my friends home that summer.



I waited until July 1st, 2010, the anniversary date of when I first laid eyes on that precious tree. When I arrived my friend met me with frantic and apologetic eyes. She greeted me, not with her usual hug, instead taking me by the hand, leading me directly to the spot where

the tree had once stood. I was more than a little confused and quite disturbed by her unusual behavior but when I looked and realized the tree no longer existed she began to cry softly, apologizing through her tears. I saw the sadness in her face; she was disgraced at what she’d had no choice but to do. Her home flooded that Spring and she’d had to have much of her yard removed to allow bulldozers in to repair her basement. Much of the foliage in her back yard including Dancing Tree had been sacrificed.


In horror and disbelief, it was as if she had told me someone close to me had died, I turned my attention to the spot where the tree had once grown. The "Tree" had become my symbol of survival for me, defining the parameters of my personal worth. Now my friend was telling me the tree, just like my home was gone!


At first I became frantic, looking all around not wanting to believe her; in denial. Then I became very quiet and mournful. I too felt like crying. But because I’d just lost everything I owned my perspective was different. I looked around and much to my surprise I saw, very near where the Dancer had grown, another tree

just like her, same species, that even looked a little like her. I inspected the younger tree as a detective would a crime scene. In the end I concluded this was the ‘Dancing Tree’s’ younger, sister tree. I examined her sibling from every angle, looking for her older sisters unique stance, but saw none. After careful contemplation and meditation, I heard a small voice. It was this younger, less developed tree speaking to me. I listened intently. She apologized, tearfully, for not being the one I’d come all that way, expecting to see. She also told me how very jealous she’d been of her sister tree, wishing that I had paid as much attention to her.


I thanked her for sharing with me and assured her it was never my intent to dismiss her or any of the other plants as unimportant. I assured her she was beautiful too, and gave a solemn promise to monitor her growth over the coming years. I told her I was convinced she, like her sister tree had something of equal or greater

value to offer the world of unseeing eyes. We established a strong bond that fateful day. She agreed to remain a legacy to her older sister. No longer distraught, she allowed me to adorn her with the same affection and appreciation I’d so generously showered on her older, perfectly developed sister. In return she vowed to grow into the spectacular specimen she knew she could become. Somehow I had convinced her to believe in herself again. I promised profusely with great reverence to come back regularly-to talk and take her photo too.


As I begin to accept and embrace my gift of ‘sight’ and ability to communicate with all things natural, to evolve spiritually, I watch

the ‘Dancing Tree’ continue to spread her joy around the globe via the internet and I realize her life was not in vain. Her branches continue to reach out, far and wide for the benefit of all mankind.

Mostly, I am simply grateful that I was chosen to help her spread the love.


And so it is.

No comments: